Friday, April 16, 2010

reflection

Over the past few days I have come across very few sources that I will find helpful. I found a few that answered good questions or gave good statics, however most of the information was repeated in previous sources. I was able to find a source that included what happens in the emergency room with self-injuries. I also was able to more information about other countries. I have information about Finnish and Germans concerning self-injuries now. I have now decided to include other countries in my essay instead of just the United States like I stated in my game plan. I also may include a range of ages rather just college and high school age students. I do not have a working thesis at this point besides knowing that I would like to include a range of information in my essays. Information that I plan to include in my final and rough draft are reasons for people to injure themselves, ways of hurting yourself, and how this can be treated and even stopped. I would also like to include how more and more people are doing it and how risking and dangerous is.
While doing this research I have realized that I have too many sources and that it has become overwhelming with the about of information to go through and include. I also found that this research that was to be posted took up so much time that I was only able to do a very small amount of actual writing and that it has prevented me from doing things that I had related when it came to school and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment