1. Which prompt did you select? Why did this one appeal to you over the others? What other prompts did you consider?
I seleced the prompt of responding to the story "Generaton A+". I also thought about writing about a school-related memory.
2. Which mode(s) of writing were most helpful to you in terms of creating content? Did you primarily tell a story, compare and/or contrast or describe, for example? What other modes of writing/thinking did you utilize?
Primary mode(s): I mostly used narration.
Secondary mode(s): I also compared ad Contrasted.
3. What specific details will you include for your reader? Why are these details important? What do they accomplish?
I used statistics about the classes gpas and types of parents, teachers, and students. These details accomplish explaining my point.
4. What “place(s)” or “scene(s)” do you try to recreate for your reader? Why are they crucial? Paste the most important scene in your essay below:
My freshman year of high school I took a history class that was taught by the head football couch. On Mondays in class he would assign us the end of the section or the end of two sections’ questions to do while he sat at his desk and watched football film. Although he did require his students to keep a notebook with all the questions answered so he could call us up to look at our work. However, when I say look I really mean glance and if all the questions were answered he would give us the full amount of points. Sometimes certain students would write random sentences that weren’t about history and included the teacher’s name. He never noticed this. For his end of the year exam it was questions from our old test which he gave us to look at during class for a full week before exams. This younger teacher was forced to retire at the end of that year because of his teaching habits and other reasons.
5. Thinking in terms of your thesis, explain your main reason for writing…What are you hoping to accomplish in your essay? Why does it exist?
I am trying to express my point of view about the educational system today. This exists because of the essay "Generaton A+".
6. Thinking in terms of your audience, explain what choices you made with your reader in mind…What did you include, what did you take out?
My decision to include examples of a bad teacher was because most of my reader will be students that can relate. I didn't include college teachers in my paper because I am turning it in for a college class.
7. What problems or struggles did you experience writing this draft? What kind of feedback would you like from your peer reviewers?
My problems included deciding how may examples to use and which kinds. I would like positive feedback from peer reviewers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment