Monday, February 22, 2010

Self Evaluation for Essay #2

A. What invention strategy did you find worked best for you? Why do you think this strategy was the most helpful? What other prewriting did you do before writing your draft?

When writing this paper I thought of the different places or occasions where food had special meaning when it came to family and what types of food I wanted to include. I think that this strategy was helpful because I felt it necessary before even writing the introduction paragraph. I didn't really use any other strategies.


B. Which prompt did you end up selecting? Did you consider any other options or change your mind during the drafting process?

I selected the prompt of food and family. I considered food and memory as well.

C. What difficulties did you experience trying to discover a single focus or reason for writing?

I didn't choose a specific single reason to write about but choose including foods that my family eats at certain occasions and places.

D. What one or two (thesis) sentence(s) from your essay articulates your purpose for writing? (Write your thesis statement below.)

When I think of family, food is among the thoughts that first that spring up in my mind. This may seem weird until you think about everything families can do together and realize that most of them involve some sort of food.

E. What problems did you have trying to organize your essay? How did you overcome these difficulties?

When trying to organize my essay I had a hard time decidng what order to place my paragraphs in, until I decide to place them in order that where the most different from other people topic was at the end.

F. If you were starting the assignment over from scratch, what would you do differently? What changes would you make to your writing /thinking process?

If I was doing the assignmnt over again, I would probably choose the food and memory topic instead but do the same strategy process.

G. What do you like best about your essay?

I like that my essay has lots of different connections between family and food.

H. What do you like least about your essay?

The thing I like least about my essay is that I am not sure if the paragraphs flow well.

No comments:

Post a Comment