Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Paragraphs

Beep, beep, beep is heard at 5:30 in the morning during the school week as the alarm begins to go off. It is shut off and the getting ready to go has started. My roommate crawls out of bed and gets in the shower. Surprisingly enough she crawls back into bed once she is out of the shower for a little more sleep and so her hair can dry. At 6:45 the alarm begins again but this time it gets snoozed once before she climbs out of bed to straighten her hair, do her make-up, pick out clothes, and get dressed. Then she is off to class. My roommate has a very peculiar morning ritual.

Sentence- My roommate has a very peculiar morning ritual.
Mode-illustration

There are many ways that the university bookstore takes advantage of students. It starts off small when items like candy, pens, notebooks, and binders are considered. Then it escalates as t-shirts and bags are priced at higher prices than necessary. When looking at a hooded sweatshirt students better be prepared to fork out 40 to 50 dollars. The worst cases of students being taken advantage of is when they buy and sell back books. Students are lucky to get out of the store paying less than 500 dollars at the beginning and end of each semester for a full course load. But the real crime is evident when book buy back time rolls around, like only receiving eight dollars back on a 44 dollar book that was only used for eight weeks.

Sentence-There are many ways that the uniersity bookstore takes advantage of students.
Mode-illustration

The day started out good. I got to spend it with my parents, younger sister, and fiance. We went out to eat at O'Chalerys for Ashley's birthday and got delicous food like chicken and ribs. After lunch we went back to the house for Ashley to open her birthday presents and for her and I to open our Valentine's presents. Soon it was time for me to head back to school and the snowy, rainy weather began. Near the Indiana border my car hit black ice sliding as I lost control and hit a concrete wall. After turning my car around I slowly made it to the welcome center where I spent close to three hours waiting for my parents and another hour for the tow truck. I finally got back to the dorm room about 12:45 am and was able to sleep and put a heating pad on my sore shoulder from the seat belt. Luckly I wasn't seriously hurt and when it was all said and done, I was glad to call it a day.

Sentence- When it was all said and done, I was glad to call it a day.
Mode-narration

No comments:

Post a Comment